Choose the Alexandrie experience. For 20 years, we've been building and constantly improving this institution of a hostel in order to meet all the needs a backpacker could have. Without any big publicity, people stay with us because they are looking for an authentic hostel experience.
Our guests are always gathering in our lively common room, which is a big industrial loft decked out with recycled furniture, with a homy, comfortable vibe. At our hostel, whether people are hanging out, playing board games, doing their laundry, or cooking, everyone ends up knowing each other. We often have communal dinners, either as hostel activities or as spontaneous initiatives from our guests, and people regularly have beers all together before heading out to the bars. Montreal has a fantastic night life.
If, like us, you think a Montreal hostel should offer a vibrant and surprising style, with a comfortable atmosphere and good prices, we know you’ll have a great time at Alexandrie!
Give us a try. If you don't like it we will give you back your money.
Value for your money: very good.
Security: dorm lock with magnetic key and lockers in each room.
Location: Easy, 5 streets from bus station also a stop for airport shuttle. Free parking on street possible.
Facility: large kitchen with 5 fridges, roof terrace and a relax lounge in basement open 24 hours .
Save money - cook your own meal and buy your own beer . There are convenience stores near the hostel.
We're very proud of our new ensuite dorms (with bathroom); These rooms have air conditioning and are the nicest in the building. According to our user-pay principal, if you wish more services choose the most expensive dorm.
We also offer no-frills dorm with a shared bathroom (gym style) for cheap cheap price. Only for laid-back people on lower budget.
Our private double room is much like sharing an apartment; this room shares a living room, kitchen and bathroom with just one other room.
Our rooms are lit by natural light! You are on holiday. You don't want to stay in a basement...
Everything is around us: the arts and entertainment district, the financial district, Old Montreal, the Latin quarter, McGill campus, and Chinatown. The hip restaurants, bars and shops are within walking distance. We're also near the bus station and metro... save on bus passes and taxis! Several grocery stores/markets are in our area as well.
The staff here know the city very well and will ensure that you get the most out of Montreal without breaking the bank while seeing things that might not be in any guide books!
Alone or with a group or family we have a room or apartment for those on an economic budget.
- We do not accept residents of the Montreal region and suburbs and ask for a credit card (exception: new immigrants).
- Kids are not allowed in the dorms.
- Non-smoking (any kind) except special places on roof terrasse.
- Check-in after 4pm (unless it's ready before). If you arrive earlier, we can keep your luggage until 4 pm
- Check-out at 11am
- Our reception is open until 11pm. We do not accept any reservation exceeding this hour, Customers have their keys.
- For any change or cancellation, you must notify us at least 1 day in advance before 16h, otherwise the first night will be charged.
- the price does not include local taxes about 15%.
- For a group of 8 people or more you must comply with our group policy.
Please read our things to note below before you made a booking.